- The first Kentucky High School Boys’ state champion was Lexington High School in 1918 with a score of 16-15.
- The first Kentucky High School Girls’ State champion was Paris High School in 1920.
- Howard Beth holds the highest amount of wins as a coach for girls’ basketball with 793 wins.
- William Kean holds the highest amount of wins for boys’ basketball with 856 wins.
- Jaime Walz holds the most points scored throughout a career with 4,948 points.
- Geri Grigsby scored 81 points in a single basketball game, which is the highest any girl has scored.
- Geri Grigsby scored 4,385 points in her 3-year high school career.
- Henry Clay and Lafayette have the most Boys’ State Championships of all-time with 6 titles each.
- Laurel County and Ashland Blazer have the most Girls Basketball State Championships with 5 titles each.
- Ashland Blazer has gone to the Boys’ State tournament more than any other team with 32 appearances.
- Sydney Moss, the daughter of NFL football player Randy Moss, was named Miss Basketball for the 2011-2012 season.
- The Ashland Blazers have the most wins all-time with 1,921 wins.
- Jackson City High School scored 215 points in a single game.
- Elisha Justice has the most steals in a boys high school career with 540.
- Jamie Walz had 1,004 steals in her high school career.
- The first Miss Basketball was Donna Murphy in 1976.
- Erica Hallman, Allyson Baker, and Denise Duerson are tied for the most assists in one game with 21.
- The most rebounds in a single boys’ basketball game was from Russ Milton with 48.
- The most rebounds in a single girls’ game was from Amanda Collins with 36.
- Keyla Snowden from Lexington Catholic has the highest career free throw percentage with 91%.
- Ashland Blazer has the most consecutive wins in boys’ basketball with a streak of 44.
- Clay County’s boys’ basketball team has the longest winning streak at home with 120 wins in a row.
- The Laurel County girls’ basketball program has the most consecutive wins with 74 in Kentucky High School Basketball History.